Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I can't stop thinking about Blogging

I've been wanting to start a journal for a while. Ever since I created my blog account and wrote in the blog on Sunday, I've been thinking about it non-stop. I haven't actually sat down to blog because: 1) I'm suppose to be studying; and B) I don't know where to begin.

Because I've read in various places that blogs should remain focused on one topic, (more or less), I've resisted writing because I've been preparing to take a boards exam and I haven't been able to fully start my Nine Month Experiment. The exception being that I have cut myself off from shopping at the tag sales. The other major part of my nine month experiment has to do with total organization of all of my craft supplies, and a list of every project that I've ever come up with. Those that I know will NEVER get done, are going in my own personal garage sale.

One thing I love about blogs is the pictures that people post. I've become obsessed with documenting every single step of my life, (to the point that I think I'm missing out on it sometimes) and I know I will enjoy posting the pix to my blog. Last week I took 74 pictures of the state of disarray of my house. Someday I might be able to post before and after pics. Let's hope so. That's what this project is all about.

What I've done so far: Last evening my daughter and I got out the pieces of quilt that I started making her some time ago. She asked me if I could have it finished for her to take to college with her. You're joking, right? She leaves on August 14th. This is one of the projects that will go on my list and I will begin to prioritize what gets done first, second, etc.

I am going to make lists of my craft supplies, too. I have purchased soooo many sewing notions at estate sales, I think I could start my own sewing notions store. Or a least a kiosk. Having been a Girl Scout and a Girl Scout leader, I tend to appreciate everything for it's alternative use. I don't like to throw things away. Not because I'm green, either. Just because I might be able to use it someday for something.

I get most of my ideas from other people. I particularly love it when bloggers and You-Tubers make tutorials. I've googled some of the oddest things and gotten some really cool results. I always appreciate that people are willing to take the time to post or videotape a "How-To".

I am going to take pix of my crap supplies (a euphemism my hubby likes to use) and perhaps post them as well. (I just looked up the word euphemism and realized that I am using it in exactly the opposite context for what it means. Is there a word that means: rude word to substitute proper word? Perhaps it's sarcasm? or smart ass?)

Not sure how to sign off, so I guess I'll just say:
ttfn
~chrissy o.

No comments:

Post a Comment