Monday, April 29, 2013

Green Machine - Singer 185K

Next is the Green Machine!

This machine was purchased at St. Vincent dePaul thrift store for $20.00.

It was hidden away on a shelf in its case and I felt like I had found a treasure when I discovered it!

It is missing a part of the throat plate and in need of a replacement bobbin tire.  The foot pedal is the original. The bobbin case feels very loose.  It has a red toothed belt and it appears to be in okay shape.

I do not know about how it runs.


I was just googling singer sewing ads for T.V. and I discovered an ad for this machine.  It was called the "Young Budget Machine!"
Here's a link to the YouTube video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2WVejdbYFs



 I think it's fun to see the stickers from repair shops!




No comments:

Post a Comment