Monday, April 29, 2013

White Rotary 99

I'm back to continue my Sewing Machine Inventory.

Next I will tell you about the White Rotary machine I bought at an estate sale for $10.00.  It wasn't until I got it home that I realized from the service tag hanging on the handle of the case that the estate sale I was at was the house of a gentleman I cared for at the Skilled Nursing Facility that I work at on the weekends.

I was kind of happy knowing that his wife was the owner of this machine.  When I worked with him, he only told me wonderful things about his wife.  She had passed six months earlier and he was broken hearted.  They had been married sixty years, I think.

Anyway, back to the machine.  It's a heavy mother. The wiring seems newer, as it was more than likely re-wired.  The foot pedal appears to be a universal newer variety.  The belt appears to be in okay shape.

It is missing the small portion of the needle plate, and it is also in need of a belt for the bobbin winder.

The bobbin case is different than what I'm used to.





No comments:

Post a Comment